Assorted summer drawings from my Sketchbooks


This is quite finished this gouache and probably took me about three quarters of an hour maybe. Using winsor and newton gouaches on a Cotman watercolour pad 300gsm 8 x 5in. The only trouble with winsor and newton gouaches is they dry out too quickly if you don't use your gouaches very often. The earth tones are particularly bad.
Sketchbook W and N watercolours of birch trees. Pretty quick about 10 mins in the sun so it's rough. But I never know if I'll use something in it at a later stage. On Fabriano Postcard paper- 300gsm 4 x 5 in. I always think when I see those postcard books 'oh I must have one of those' but they're so impractical really. Who sends a postcard with a drawing on it though the mail? Nobody I guess but it'd be nice if you could.

My favourite family of trees are the conifers. Watercolour on Fabriano Postcard paper- 300gsm 4 x 5 in. 15 mins.

Some crazy looking birches. Watercolour on Fabriano Postcard paper- 300gsm 4 x 5 in. 10 mins.

A stark pine tree in black ink at Saltsjöbaden. 6 x 3 in. 5 mins.


Comments

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...