New painting: Landscape Visions oil on linen

landscape visions oil painting on canvas by susan wellington
Landscape Visions oil on linen 64 x 26cm (11" x 25")
Just finished. My landscape paintings are a personal response to what I'm looking at. I'm not particularly interested in rendering an exact copy- though sometimes I do. Some features of the tree are accurate but this changes in every painting though the bark of trees is one aspect that's fairly true in every painting. But always you're considering the whole painting as you're working on it- so individual forms must adapt to fit into the whole harmony or not.
I'm trying to capture the depths as well as the heights of the tree. Their earthiness as well as their ethereal airlike qualities. Trees are messengers from the universe to the earth to me.


Comments

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...