Dreaming about Wildflowers

You know I'm writing this post and looking out the window at grey skies, drizzle and almost 0 temperatures. That's why I'm thinking of Australia. Most of the time I'm looking at and fantasising about the sea and warmth. (Along with the rest of the population in Sweden.)

These coastal wildflowers remind me of strolling through the Jawbone Reserve, (a former rifle range) in Williamstown, a seaside suburb of Melbourne. I glimpsed them at the side of the path on the way to the viewing platform, where you can observe sandpipers, cormorants, gulls of all kinds. Such delicate flowers, probably only for a moment blooming, before they're blown away from the strong offshore winds. You felt joy at seeing them. So I took their picture.

coastal wildflowers photo by susan wellington
Coastal Wildflowers, Jawbone Reserve, Williamstown, Melbourne 

Comments

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...